The application for the AFT/NYS Latino Caucus 2010-2011 Scholarships is now available. Please download the file linked below and duplicate and distribute to eligible students in your school. The application postmark deadline is Friday, April 15, 2011.
The AFT/NYS Latino Caucus is an educational caucus made up of New York City and state educators that advocates for excellence in education and opportunities for students, especially those of Latino/Hispanic heritage.
About the Scholarship Application
Application Postmark Deadline: Friday, April 15, 2011
Ten scholarship winners will receive a $1,000 book stipend, a computer and printer.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
be a high school senior in a New York State/City public school
be of Hispanic/Latino Heritage
have a parent or guardian who is a member of a union
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
Letter of recommendation
1. Complete the Personal Information Form.
2. Attach a copy of your most recent high school transcript.
3. Complete the Personal Statement Form.
4. Have a teacher or guidance counselor complete the Recommendation Form.
5. Place all materials in one envelope and send to: AFT Latino Caucus Scholarship Program, Westchester Square Station, PO Box 555, Bronx, NY 10461
6. Be sure the application is postmarked by: Friday, April 15, 2011