The Education & Learning Trust has partnered with Mercy College to deliver the following programs to NYSUT members:
- Childhood Education – Professional Certification
- Teaching Literacy, Birth – Grade 12
- Early Childhood Education (with Students with Disabilities option)
- Childhood Education (with Students with Disabilities option)
- Adolescence Education (with Students with Disabilities option)
Program participants complete up to 15 credits with NYSUT ELT and then matriculate into one of the programs listed above. NYSUT courses are offered in New York City and the mid-Hudson Valley, as far north as Wappingers Falls, at the Trust's discounted tuition rate. NYSUT members then receive a one-third tuition scholarship on remaining program courses (offered at one of the college campuses).
For additional information about the partnership programs available in the mid-Hudson region, download the Mercy College Information Packet. (205k pdf - Updated November 2011)
For additional information about the partnership programs available in New York City, please contact the UFT Teacher Center at 212-598-9550.
For more information:
Please visit Mercy College's web site at for course descriptions and program information.
Program contact information:
- Jim Desimone, NYSUT ELT Regional Coordinator for the Lower- and Mid-Hudson Region, at 914-631-7689
- UFT Teacher Center Director, for courses offered in NYC
- Professor Olga DeJesus, College Coordinator for Yorktown Heights Campus
Phone: 914-245-6100, ext. 2211
- Lawrence Gluck, Director of Graduate Education, Bronx Campus
- Ira Goldberg, Director of Graduate Education, Manhattan Campus
Phone: 212-615-3324 x6324