In this video, Vice President Paul Pecorale salutes NYSUT's School-Related Professionals in advance of this year's SRP Recognition Day Tuesday, Nov. 17.
How are you celebrating?
How are you celebrating SRP Recognition Day this year? Tell us about it! Resources and contest information are available below.
About SRP Recognition Day
SRP Recognition Day acknowledges the contributions of School-Related Professionals in helping to educate the whole student. NYSUT's 90,000 SRP members perform a variety of key roles in schools, working as bus drivers, school nurses, custodians, secretaries, food service workers, teaching assistants and aides and in dozens of other job titles. Officially established as law in 2007, SRP Recognition Day falls on the third Tuesday of each November, often during American Education Week.
Celebration Packets: NYSUT Leaders may log in to request celebration packets. NYSUT will send out celebration packets that include: a celebration guide, poster and “SRPs Essential to Education” buttons. Order by Nov. 1 to guarantee delivery by Nov. 17.
See below for a printable flyer, poster, booklet and SRP Recognition Day Contest materials.
SRP Recognition Day 2015 Materials
SRP Recognition Day Contest
SRP Recognition Day is a great way to acknowledge the contributions School-Related Professionals make in helping to educate the whole student.
Up for some friendly competition?
- Did your school, local or parent organization plan a spectacular event?
- Did you put up posters and fliers to announce this special celebration?
- Were there yummy goodies?
- We want to hear from you!
Tell us about it:
SRP Recognition Day event photos, quotes, activities, etc., must be sent to Margaret MacCartney at firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 8 to be eligible!
- 1st place winner — receives a two-for-one for the 2016 SRP Conference at the Saratoga Hilton (an approximate $250 value) and has their event featured in a NYSUT publication.
- 2nd place winner — receives a basket of Fair Trade goodies for their next local meeting and has their event featured in a NYSUT publication.
- 3rd place winner — receives an SRP pen for each SRP member and has their event featured in a NYSUT publication.
Download contest flyer (pdf)