NYSUT has one of the most active and successful union retiree programs in the country. The NYSUT Retiree Services Program, part of Program Services, was established by NYSUT to help its retirees organize and to act as a service provider for those retiree groups. In an effort to better serve the growing number of retirees, 11 Retiree Services Consultants have been hired to serve members in the field.
Since 1965, Medicare has been our most successful health insurance program for Americans in retirement. It provides retirees with the ability to obtain annual health-care screenings, see a doctor and obtain prescription drugs. NYSUT and its national affiliates are leading the charge to celebrate Medicare’s 50th Birthday!
- July 30th events in Upstate New York, Central New York and New York City
- Medicare Action Plan and other Materials (pdf)
- Happy Anniversary! Celebrating decades of Social Justice legislation
NYSUT Retirees bring home awards from the 2015 RA:
ALERT, ALERT, ALERT
Stay Informed & ACT NOW to DEFEND PUBLIC EDUCATION
- An urgent message from NYSUT President Karen E. Magee
- Karen Magee: Calling Governor "Out of Touch" (via WAMC)
- Where We Stand on Gov. Cuomo's Billionaire Budget
- We debunk 11 big myths in Gov. Cuomo's anti-public education propoganda.
- The "Fight Back" issue of NYSUT United - Fight Back against the one who has no respect for your profession!
12 things you can do right now to fight back.
Help your council defend public education with tools & materials including:
- Talking Points
- PDF's that can be downloaded and distributed to your members
- Videos that can shared with your members
- Forum Flyers (Editable PDF)
- Petition Templates
- Facebook Cover Photo
- Facebook Profile Picture
- Print Ads
- Respect buttons (And yes: this is the button that Gov. Cuomo prohibited at his recent public appearances.)
Go to the MAC (Member Action Center) - Take Action and Sign Up for Email and Text Alerts.
- It takes about 10 seconds to sign up fro MAC text alerts on your phone!