13 things you can do right now to fight back.
Every NYSUT member is needed to defend public education and the teaching profession from Gov. Cuomo's Billionaires' Agenda.
Tell the governor to stop scapegoating... stop teacher bashing and focus on what #AllKidsNeed.
Here's your to-do list.
1. Take action on this week's campaigns.
The latest actions will always be right here in the No. 1 spot.
UPDATE: March 27
2. Sign up for MAC text alerts!
Take 10 seconds and sign up for MAC text alerts on your phone!
- STEP 1: Text the word "NYSUT" to the contact number 38470.
- STEP 2: That's it! There is no Step 2!
3. Sign the petitions.
4. Attend a community forum.
5. Call out the governor.
- Invite the governor to visit your class to learn what #AllKidsNeed. Tweet out an invite directly at him and be sure to include his Twitter handle @NYGovCuomo and the hashtag #InviteCuomo if you want your tweet to be seen and heard.
- Not on Twitter? See step 8.
6. Get connected to the MAC.
- BY TEXT. Get real-time text messages about urgent news and actions by texting the word NYSUT to the number 38470.
- BY EMAIL. Subscribe to the NYSUT Member Action Center email alerts for updates on this campaign. If you're registered via email as a NYSUT MAC e-activist you'll also be the first to know about upcoming rallies, protests and more.
- BY APP. Download the NYSUT MAC App for your iPhone or for your Android phone. Be sure notifications are enabled to receive alerts on new action items.
7. Get connected on Facebook.
8. Get connected on Twitter.
- Join Twitter and follow @NYSUT to be part of the social media army.
- Once a day (or as often as possible) tweet your thoughts to #CallOutCuomo on what #AllKidsNeed - more science labs, music and art classes, school libraries, smaller class sizes and more. We're reminding the governor to focus on what matters! Follow the conversation in real-time for some great examples from parents and educators.
9. Share the poster.
10. Wear the button.
11. Contribute to the fund.
- When you join this fight, you can be sure that every single dollar contributed to the "Call Out Cuomo" Fund will go directly toward fighting Governor Cuomo's dangerous, anti-public schools agenda..
12. Talk it up.
- Get the conversation going - online and offline. Read "Where We Stand" and use it to craft social media messages, send letters to the editor, and brief friends and colleagues.
- Circulate and share print materials and videos.
13. Support "Take Action Tuesday."
- Mark your calendar to support NYSUT's "Take Action Tuesday" every week. Be on the lookout for updates.
And finally... check back.