Life is complicated, but NYSUT Member Benefits can help. The Peer Support Line is a confidential helpline available through Member Benefits at no cost to all NYSUT members and their families.
Staffed by trained in-service and retired individuals who understand the unique professional and personal challenges of NYSUT members, the Peer Support Line can provide answers, resources, and empathetic support when you need it.
For more information or to speak with someone at the Peer Support Line, call toll-free 844-444-0152.
You can also send a secure private message to the Peer Support Line.
The Peer Support Line can assist with utilizing Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits, along with finding information and referrals for professional assistance within your community.
This service can help with the following topics and more:
• Finding mental health services or support groups
• Locating Medicare/Medicaid resources
• Managing work-related stress
• Providing support to new members
• Sourcing elder care or caregiving services
• Assisting with marital, relationship, or child rearing concerns
• Reducing feelings of isolation and loneliness
• Accessing services for individuals with disabilities
• Finding help for victims of violence
• Managing planned or unexpected hospitalizations
Don’t go it alone. When stressful situations arise, look to the Peer Support Line to speak with trained peer support specialists who will lend a caring ear and connect you with community resources that can make a difference for you and your family.
Contact the Peer Support Line toll-free at 844-444-0152 or send a secure private message.
The Peer Support Line is a partnership between NYSUT Social Services, NYSUT Member Benefits, and Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care.