- Where can I find sample forms to document medications supervised by unlicensed staff on field trips?
- If a student requires a professional nurse on a field trip-can they be excluded if a nurse is not available?
- What is the real deal with parent designees?
- Can a school require a parent or guardian to go on a field trip in order for their child to attend?
- What happens if a student is not self-directed and NO NURSE, PARENT or PARENT DESIGNEE is available to go on a class trip?
- What procedures should be followed for students who are permitted to self-carry and self-administer their own medication?
- Does a nurse need to go on a field trip if a non self-directed student going on the trip has an order for an Epinephrine Auto-Injector or Glucagon?
- What does the NYS Nurse Practice Act say about NYS school nurses traveling with students to other states?
- What does a NYS school nurse need to know about Canadian field trips, eh?
If you can answer the above questions ... you are READY for all field trips coming your way!
If you need help with any of the above questions ... visit the Field Trip FAQ page where all the answers and sample forms await you.
- Provided by New York Statewide School Health Services Center (NYSSHSC)