March 7 through 11 is National School Breakfast Week (NSBW). Celebrate the importance of the morning meal, and the hard-working school staff who make it possible for all students to have school breakfast every day.
Background: National School Breakfast Week was launched in 1989 to raise awareness of the availability of the School Breakfast Program to all children and to promote the links between eating a good breakfast, academic achievement and healthy lifestyles.
NEA Healthy Futures is proud to partner with NEA state and local affiliates to bring awareness to the issue of child hunger.
Since 2010, NEA Healthy Futures has been involved in a Breakfast in the Classroom Initiative and has been able to feed over 55,000 students school breakfast in 18 states and 30 school districts. Please, help us spread the word on this important program addressing a critical need in our schools.
Share our resources below to highlight NEA Healthy Future’s effort to feed hungry children:
- Share our blogs during NSBW. We will be highlighting guest writer NEA Secretary-Treasurer Princess Moss and others!
- Tweet or post on Facebook! Below are some sample tweets and posts to share with your colleagues, friends and family.
- Sign up for NEA Healthy Future’s enewsletter. Get more information about NEA Healthy Future’s breakfast program and partnership with Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom.
- Donate to help us continue this work! Every bit counts and if you support school breakfast consider donating to help us reach more students.
Sample Facebook posts:
- We love National School Breakfast Week because it celebrates the importance of breakfast for students. When students are full, they can focus on learning, which is why Breakfast in the Classroom works! #NSBW16 #schoolbreakfast #GetNEAHealthy
- Students and faculty here at [insert district or school name] are celebrating National School Breakfast Week March 7-11! We will have contests, games, and prizes all week long to celebrate and promote breakfast-in-the-classroom! #NSBW16 #schoolbreakfast #GetNEAHealthy
- Breakfast matters for students & learning, which is why we love #schoolbreakfast & Breakfast in the Classroom! #NSBW16
- Celebrating National School Breakfast Week, March 7-11! Wake Up! to School Breakfast is our party theme! #NSBW16 #schoolbreakfast
For more information about National School Breakfast Week, contact Allie Lawrence at email@example.com.
Thanks, Team NEA – and everyone have a terrific #NSBW16!