• We are the caring forces! We care about ourselves; we care about each other; and, most importantly, we care about our children and future generations! We, the caring forces, must take the initiative!
— Elizabeth Shanklin
• I was just having a little fun with my students regarding numbers and words. We were talking about the musical our middle school students just put on ... The Phantom Tollbooth, Jr. "words are better, numbers are better ..." and we decided they went hand in hand
— Jean White Cook
• This is Dove Karn, Amsterdam's Lynch home & career skills teacher.Last year she was greatly affected in her former school in Schoharie Valley when the floods devastated that region. She is paying it forward. So proud to be her colleague.
— Christine O. Eggleston, commenting on the cover of December's NYSUT United.
• I grew up with two parents who were public school teachers who got up at 5 a.m. every day, and returned from work at 6 p.m. and am married to an elementary school principal who often works 14-hour days. And NEVER have I met any private sector executive who did their job better than these three individuals. That's why I speak out in defense of the people who work in our public schools and for public sector workers generally. And, oh yes, all three were/are members of unions.
— Mark Naison
• Our local, the Westfield Teachers' Association, recently unveiled our Sgt. Kevin White Veterans' Wall of Honor. This has been more than a year in the making. One of our graduates, Kevin White, was killed in action last year and we wanted a way to acknowledge Kevin's sacrifice and keep his memory alive.
— Rebecca Huber-Ross