Almost 2,000 delegates and alternates, representing NYSUT members throughout the state, have already registered for the 2019 NYSUT Representative Assembly, set for May 3–4 in Albany.
Delegates to the union’s policymaking convention will consider nearly 50 resolutions directing the union’s course on education, legislative priorities, health care and workplace safety, civil and human rights and retirement.
The annual RA also offers the union an opportunity to recognize the winners of the NYSUT constituency awards, including:
- 2019 NYS Teacher of the Year Alhassan Susso, UFT;
- School-Related Professionals Members of the Year Priscilla Castro, UFT, and Colleen Condolora, Capital Region BOCES;
- Retiree Members of the Year Joyce Magnus, UFT, and Ken Ulric, Retiree Council 17;
- Health Care Professionals Member of the Year Raquel Webb-Geddes, UFT; and
- Higher Education Member of the Year Paul Clement.
“Not for Ourselves Alone:” The Sandy Feldman Outstanding Leadership Award, will be presented to Stacey Caruso-Sharpe, Amsterdam TA, and Evelyn DeJesus, UFT.
Laura Franz, Albany Public School TA, will receive the Sandy Feldman Leadership Grant.
Visit www.nysut.org/ra for more information.