‘Hello senator, nice to (virtually) see you’
The pandemic cannot stop the union’s political action army from marching through the annual legislative marathon budget negotiations, as well as the rest of the session.
The 2022–23 state budget is due by April 1, the day the fiscal year begins, although there is no guarantee it will be completed by then.
NYSUT’s legislative staff and hundreds of volunteer political activists are going through the rites and rituals required to connect with lawmakers and address the issues reflected in our union values. However, they will not be meeting with lawmakers in person. All this activity will be virtual.
Here are some advocacy highlights for the next few months:
- BOCES lobby week begins Feb. 28 and runs through March 4.
- The virtual Committee of 100 will run from March 7–18.
- In-district Committee of 100, May 5–6 (in district offices).
- The Professional Issues Forum on Health Care, May 7.
- SRP Lobby Day, May 9–11.
- Health Care Lobby Day, May 12.