They’re at it again.
Anti-labor forces funded by the wealthy elite and their wellheeled friends are launching yet another attack on working Americans, this time with a legal challenge before the U.S. Supreme Court known as Janus v. AFSCME.
Should the billionaires succeed in their latest assault on the nation’s workers, they would strike a blow to the very future of public-sector unions.
There is much at stake:
- The right to bargain collectively for a living wage
- Health coverage for you and your loved ones
- Your right to a secure and dignified retirement
- A voice on the job to ensure safe conditions, and prevent the abuse and exploitation of workers
- A respectable standard of living for all working families
Don’t be fooled. The Janus case is about the rich getting richer at the expense of the working class.
America’s labor movement has shown time and again throughout history that, in banding together and fighting for what’s right, we can defeat injustice. And that holds true today.
We can fight this. We will fight this. And we will win.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Stay connected to your local union.
Be active. Be involved. Be engaged.
Use your voice. Spread the word.
Our Janus Action Center offers tools and resources to help you spread the word and stand strong by telling everyone: "I'm sticking with our union!"
Follow the links below for messages, memes and more.