For some time now American citizens, including millions of New Yorkers, have been failing to participate in one of our most important franchises — voting!
It is for all these reasons that we ask you to REGISTER and VOTE in local, state and federal elections.
Did You Know?
You can register BEFORE you're 18! 17 year-olds within six months of their 18th birthday are allowed to register to vote in New York State. You still must be 18 to vote. Source: NYS Election Law Sec. 5-102
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be at least 18 years old in the year you file a voter registration form;
- Live at your present address at least 30 days prior to election;
- Not currently serving prison time for a felony or on parole;
- Not be adjudged mentally unfit by a court;
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
What’s At Stake?
To learn more and to find your polling location, please call the NYS Board of Elections at 518-474-1953 or 800-367-8683, or visit www.elections.ny.gov.