Registration deadline now EXTENDED until May 5th!
Registration is now open for the 2022 NYSUT Professional Issues Forum on Health Care Conference, May 7, 2022, via Zoom.
This virtual conference is free and will provide professional development and some Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credits to NYSUT members. It is designed for: pre-K-12 school nurses; higher education health care faculty and professionals; school psychologists, therapists and counselors; occupational and physical therapists; speech-language pathologists; VNA nurses; nurses and health care professionals in hospitals and other health care facilities.
The conference schedule appears below.
For detailed workshop descriptions, download the conference agenda (PDF).
OPENING SESSION: 8:30-9:00 a.m.
SESSION 1: 9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- 1. Understanding the New York State Legislature and the Role of NYSUT Health Care Professionals
- 2. Health Care Professionals in a School Setting – Lessons from the Pandemic
- 3. The Overdose Crisis, the Opioid Profiteers and How We’re Fighting Back to Save Lives
SESSION 2: 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- 4. COVID-19 – Facts, Updates and More
SESSION 3: 12:45 – 2:15 p.m.
- 5. Social Media for Nurses: Risks, Rights and Responsibilities
- 6. Our Unsustainable Health Insurance System and Why Unions and Union Members Should Advocate for Change
*NYSUT has applied for contact hour credit for the workshops offered at this year’s conference through The Federation of Nurses/UFT who is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
NYSUT’s Health Care Member of the Year Awards: