This fall, NYSUT hopes to surpass once again the $1 million mark in donations for the annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks.
NYSUT members have raised more than $10.5 million since 2002 for the American Cancer Society’s campaign to fight the disease with research, information, services and access to mammograms for women who need them.
Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in New York state. The state Department of Health estimates that 15,000 women are diagnosed with the disease each year, and 2,700 women die from the disease annually.
You can help raise awareness by participating in any number of Making Strides walks held throughout the state in October. For more details, visit www.nysut.org:
- Salem School, Washington County
- Dowling College, Brookhaven Campus
- Niagara Square, Buffalo
- Recreation Park, Binghamton
- 72nd Street Bandshell, Central Park, Manhattan
- Prospect Park, Brooklyn
- Clinton Square, Syracuse
- Washington Park Parade Grounds, Albany
- Orchard Beach, Bronx
- Clove Lakes Park, Staten Island
- Corona Park, Flushing Meadows, Queens
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, Central Valley
- Masonic Campus, Utica
- Frontier Field, Rochester
- Manhattanville College, Westchester County
- Jones Beach State Park, Long Island
- Alex T. Duffy Fairgrounds, Watertown
- Watt Farms, Albion
- Jamestown Community College, Jamestown
- Queensbury High School, Warren County