We offer the following as a gateway to resources on the coronavirus outbreak, including guidance specific to public school employees, higher education faculty and to our members who work in health care.
- NYSED: Revised Testing Guidance for Schools in Yellow Zones. Nov. 16, 2020.
- Pandemic heightens need for school psychologists. Nov. 9, 2020.
- NYSUT launches new website to track COVID-19 health, safety concerns. Nov. 9, 2020.
- NYSUT statement on cancellation of January Regents exams. Nov. 5, 2020.
- January 2021 Regents Examinations Cancelled Due to Ongoing Pandemic. Nov. 5, 2020.
- Frequently Asked Questions Related to the Cancellation of the January 2021 Regents Examinations. Nov. 5, 2020.
- NYSED FAQ on Providing Services for English Language Learners (ELLs) During the Pandemic. Oct. 30, 2020.
- State Education Department Launches Parent Data Dashboard for New York State Schools. Oct. 29, 2020.
- State Education Department Announces Website to Help Districts Develop Sexual Abuse Prevention Education. Oct. 29, 2020.
NYSED Memo on Enforcement of the State Student Privacy Law. Oct. 29, 2020.
- Teachers share practical tips for hybrid instruction. Oct. 30, 2020.
- Register for free ELT Webinars on Teaching in Blended and Hybrid Models. Oct. 21. 2020.
Our new resource page on reopening schools
includes guidance on instructional concerns, health and safety considerations, and answers to your frequently asked questions. More to come.
Resources to help you stay safe while managing family, finances and more in a time of crisis.
Updates and guidance from the State Education and Health Departments, as well as the latest Executive Orders.
Guidance for NYSUT local union leaders. Login required.
Inspirational stories from the many hardworking NYSUT members rising to meet the challenge of the coronavirus pandemic.
We mourn and celebrate those NYSUT members lost as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
November 19, 2020
November 09, 2020
November 09, 2020
October 30, 2020
October 29, 2020
October 23, 2020
October 06, 2020
September 18, 2020
September 16, 2020
September 11, 2020