New York State Resources
Please note that as this situation is rapidly developing, documents below from state and city governments may not represent current guidance, so be sure to visit the appropriate agency resource listed below to access the most up-to-date information.
Latest Guidance Documents
- SED: Cancellation of August Regents Exams. April 30, 2020.
- SED: Federal CARES Act Funding. April 30, 2020.
- NYSED Statement on Task Force to Reopen Schools. April 29, 2020.
- Provision of Services to Students with Disabilities - April 27, 2020
- Required Updates to District Continuity of Learning Plans - April 27, 2020
- Executive Order impacts retirement benefits for ERS members. April 17, 2020.
- Guidance on Requiring Face Coverings for Public and Private Employees. April 14, 2020.
- NYSED Issues Guidance on Graduation and Course Requirement Changes. April 7, 2020.
- June Regents Exams Cancelled, Graduation Guidance Updated. April 7, 2020.
- Revised Timeline Next Generation Learning Standards: English Language Arts. April 7, 2020.
- Revised Timeline Next Generation Learning Standards: Mathetmatics. April 7, 2020.
- Board of Regents Acts on Series of Emergency Regulations to Ease the Burdens on Educators, Students and Professionals. April 6, 2020.
- NYSERS: Filing For Retirement During the COVID-19 Emergency. April 1, 2020.
- NYS DOL: Unemployment Insurance Benefits: Updated FAQs. March 31, 2020.
- Guidance for Educator Preparation Programs (edTPA) on Clinical Experiences and Certification. March 30, 2020.
- NYSED: Provision of Services to Students with Disabilities During Statewide School Closures. March 27, 2020.
- DOH-DOL: Paid Sick Leave Guidance. March 27, 2020.
- DOH: Paid Sick Leave Advisory. March 27, 2020.
- SED statement regarding Elementary- and Intermediate-Level State Assessments. March 20, 2020.
- NYSED Guidance to Approved Special Education Schools. March 20, 2020.
- SED and Public Television Stations Announce Expanded Remote Learning. March 20, 2020.
- Additional Guidance on Statewide School Closures Due to Novel Coronavirus. March 17, 2020.
- Suspension of English Language Arts Test Shipments and Computer-based Test Window Opening. March 17, 2020.
- Executive Order Closes Schools Statewide for Two Weeks. March 16, 2020.
- New York City DOE updates on citywide school closure. March 15, 2020.
- SED Preliminary Guidance on the Preparation for Novel Coronavirus Outbreak. March 13, 2020.
- Impact of COVID-19 on Assessments and Accountability under ESEA. March 12, 2020.
- Providing Services to Children with Disabilities. March 12, 2020.
- FERPA & Coronavirus Disease. March 12, 2020.
- Operating Child Nutrition Programs when Schools are Closed due to COVID-19. March 12, 2020.
- School (PreK-12) Guidance Memo from DOH and SED. March 9, 2020.
- Guidance for Colleges and Universities. March 5, 2020.
- Interim Cleaning and Disinfection Guidance for Schools. March 9, 2020.