Help fix our pension system - join the NYSUT Member Organizing Institute!
Launched in the summer of 2017, the Member Organizing Institute is quickly becoming a statewide network of organizers who will lead our “Fix Tier 6” campaign.
Successful applicants should feel comfortable having one-to-one conversations with NYSUT members at their homes. (The work you do will be in the region where you live or work.); These conversations aim to be deeply engaging and build a long-lasting relationship between members and the union.
The NYSUT Statewide Member Organizing Institute requires participants to commit to all aspects of the program.
In particular, all participants will be expected to:
- Attend one of the following multi-day trainings:
- June 27 & 28 - WNY Regional Office, Williamsville, NY
- June 28 & 29 - Nassau Regional Office, Woodbury, NY
- July 8 & 9 - NYSUT Headquarters, Latham NY (Meals and hotel are provided for training, travel expenses will be reimbursed.)
- Campaign between July 8 and August 31, 2023.
- Complete 10 shifts (4 hours each) during the campaign.
- Accept observation and constructive feedback from NYSUT Organizers.
- Be comfortable with the basic navigation of a smartphone.
- Be on their feet walking for most of their shift.
- Be willing to walk in inclement weather and after dark. Driving between houses may be required as well.
Shifts & Compensation:
Members accepted to participate in the NYSUT Member Organizing Institute will receive $25 an hour as well as reimbursement for mileage and tolls.
The deadline for applying to the NYSUT Member Organizing Institute is June 15, 2023.
Click Here To Apply Today!
Please email Megan O’Brien: Megan.OBrien@nysut.org