Calling all SRPs!
We want YOU to be a part of the plan to build the strongest UNION in history!
Join the NYSUT Member Organizing Institute (MOI) for School-Related Professionals, March 29-31, 2019, NYSUT Headquarters, Latham NY.
With attacks on unions and public employees coming from the state and federal level, as well as wealthy special interests, it’s sometimes challenging to have your voice heard and to make a difference.
That’s why NYSUT founded the MOI.
Launched in the summer of 2017, we are building our statewide network of SRP member organizers who will take a leading role in the campaign to promote our members’ rights and fight for educational justice.
About the MOI
SHIFTS & STIPEND
Members accepted to participate in the NYSUT SRP MOI will receive $1,800 (18-shift option) or $1,200 (12-shift option) as well as reimbursement for transportation expenses.
LINK TO APPLY
HOUSE VISITS PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS*
Successful applicants should feel comfortable having one-to-one conversations with fellow NYSUT members at their homes. These conversations aim to be deeply engaging and build a long lasting relationship between members and their union.
*The NYSUT Member Organizing Institute program requires participants to commit to all aspects of the program. In particular, all participants will be expected to:
- Complete either 12 or 18 shifts (4 hours each) over the duration of the program.
- Attend the 2½ day training session, March 29-31, 2019. Lodging and meals are provided.
- Accept observation and constructive feedback from and maintain regular communication with their assigned mentor throughout the program.
- Be comfortable with the basic navigation of a smartphone.
- Be on their feet walking for most of their shift, including in inclement weather and after dark. Driving between houses may be required as well.
Please email Megan O’Brien at email@example.com