Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced eligibility requirements for the COVID-19 vaccine phase 1b, which includes most NYSUT members: teachers, school-related professionals, nurses, in-person college faculty and instructors and retirees over age 65 are among those being allowed access to the vaccine in this phase.
The shot will be distributed at no cost and administered across the state by health care providers including doctors’ offices, retail pharmacies, and hospitals.
You MUST have an appointment to receive a vaccine.
NYSUT Vaccine Fact Sheets
Scheduling Your Appointment
- When you complete the eligibility screening, a list of vaccination sites in your region will appear on the screen.
- Choose the option that’s best for you.
- Upon selecting a site, a phone number will appear on the screen.
- Write the number down and double check that all the digits have been correctly copied before exiting the website.
- The call volume is exceptionally high for vaccines —Be PERSISTENT. Continue calling until you get through. Do not give up.
- NOTE: The state is reporting that the waiting time to get an appointment is most often 12-14 weeks. Scheduling your appointment will take effort, but that effort will be worth it.
Questions: Call NYS Covid-19 Vaccination Hotline 1-833-697-4829
For further information, go to: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/phased-distribution-vaccine#phase-1a---phase-1b