NYSUT Social Justice Academy 2024
March 1-3 and July 8-11. Albany.
Apply today! Completed applications are due Dec. 1, 2023.
In 2024, NYSUT will hold our 2nd Annual Social Justice Academy.
The Social Justice Academy is grounded in NYSUT’s values of social justice being at the heart of unionism. We come together over two sessions to engage in conversation, community building, and reflection that shifts power and promotes social and racial justice within our schools, locals, and communities.
This year, we are opening up our program to 10 local unions that are committed to social justice.
Through this work, we classify justice in terms of the distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within a society.
- RACIAL JUSTICE is always included to prevent diverting from race and silencing history.
- HUMAN RIGHTS cannot exist without social justice.
- ACCESS to essentials is crucial for a just society.
- PARTICIPATION from the voices of the marginalized and vulnerable.
- EQUITY by recognizing that we do not all start from the same place and must acknowledge and adjust imbalances.
Join us to create a roadmap with long- and short-term goals that reflect on social justice in YOUR school and how you can address the needs of your community.
The 2024 Social Justice Academy will be TWO sessions: March 1-3 and July 8-11, 2024. Both sessions will be held at The Crowne Plaza at The Desmond in Albany, NY.
The completed application is due Dec. 1, 2023. For questions, please contact SocialJustice@nysut.org.